When to Submit Questions: Teams may submit questions beginning October 1, 2017, through 5:00 PM on February 3, 2018.
When you will Receive Answers: We will attempt to answer all questions within a 24-hour time period, but from time to time there may be delays. All questions and answers will be posted on the website and teams should check the site regularly throughout the season.
When the Final Clarifications will be Posted: The final clarification list will be posted on the website by 5:00 PM on February 10, 2018. The fact that a correction or addition was made to the case materials at any point during the season is not relevant during a trial round.
Teams are to assume that the fault for any typographical error or any other correction or revision to the case materials in the clarifications posted online lies with the authors and not with a particular witness. The clean, corrected copy of the materials that will be posted by February 10, 2017, is to be considered the first and only version of these materials submitted by any party in this action when trying this case in a competition round.
As the questions are asked and the answers are provided, they will appear below.
Clarifications and Changes:
- Arson added to Jury Instructions
- State statute for Arson fixed to section 30-17-5.
- In the Douglas statement, page 15 lines 18-20, “beach” changed to “Elephant Butte”.
- “Gamecocks” changed to “Lobos".
- “Hilton Head” changed to “La Posada”.
- April 7 corrected to April 4
- April 6 corrected to April 3
- Douglas line 70, April 4 Sunday changed to April 2
- Pacheco’s arrest was April 11
- USC to NMSU