Mock Trial Scholarship Application Available Now
To recognize achievement and the impact that mock trial has on the lives of the students who participate, the Center for Civic Values has created a scholarship program for high school mock trial participants. To qualify for the $1,000 Hon. Gene E. Franchini scholarship, applicants must meet the eligibility requirements and complete the process described below.
Eligibility Requirements for Applicants:
- Must be a New Mexico high school senior;
- Must have participated in the New Mexico high school mock trial program for two or more years, including the current academic year;
- Must attend a post-secondary institution such as a technical, 2-year or 4-year college/university upon high school graduation.
- Members of the CCV Mock Trial Committee will evaluate the applications.
- CCV will notify recipient's parent/guardian by March 3, 2017.
- Awards will be announced at the Mock Trial Awards Ceremony on March 18, 2017, and disbursed not earlier than July 1st upon CCV's receipt of notification from the Registrar of the post-secondary institution documenting that recipient is enrolled as a student. It is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure documentation is received.
- Complete the application cover sheet.
- Write a Personal Statement explaining what your participation mock trial has meant to you. The Statement should be no longer than three (3) pages, typed, double-spaced.
- Attach two (2) letters of recommendation, at least one of which must come from your mock trial teacher advisor.
Return one (1) original and three (3) collated copies unbound to CCV not later than February 16, 2017.
Download the Application Here:
About The Center for Civic Values
CCV was founded originally in 1962 as the New Mexico Bar Foundation and is organized as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable and educational corporation. Our offices are in Albuquerque, New Mexico; we have program activities throughout the state; and, our educational materials are used in classrooms and mock trial programs across the country.
CCV participates in GuideStar©, the online standard for nonprofit accountability; you may review CCV's GuideStar(c) listing here.